To request a single or multi-day retreat, please fill out the following fields. Please note that completion of this form does not guarantee your retreat reservation. Once the form has been receieved, our Camp Director will contact you and send you a formal confirmation.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the quantity of information needed for this reservation request, this form should take a minimum of 20 minutes to complete.
GROUP REPRESENTATIVE CONTACT INFORMATION
All groups are required to provide proof of valid liability insurance 30 days prior to the Retreat Arrival Date.
By typing my name and date of reservation request below, I hereby acknowledge that I will provide a valid certificate of liability insurance 30 days prior to Retreat Arrival Date. Furthermore, I hereby aknowledge that neglecting to provide a valid certificate of liability insurance could result in the cancellation of the requested retreat.
RETREAT SAFETY REGULATIONS
Please read and acknowledge all Retreat Safety Regulations prior to the continuation of this form.
1. The Group Representative shall notify the group of camp boundaries and all “out-of-bounds” areas.
2. The limits of the swimming area shall be designated to the beach in accordance with government regulations.
3. No persons under 18 years of age may swim or take out watercraft without the presence of a designated Waterfront Director and/or Lifeguard holding a valid National Lifeguard Certificate.
4. No Waterfront Director and/or Lifeguard shall be required to monitor waterfront usage longer than three (3) consecutive hours, in accordance with government regulations.
5. Written safety rules for swimming and use of water craft shall be posted at the waterfront. These rules apply to all group members.
6. Equipment for all watercraft shall comply with MOT regulations and the use of motorized watercraft is strictly prohibited in accordance with government regulations.
7. There shall be no swimming after dark.
8. An MOT-approved life jacket or MOT-approved personal flotation device (PFD) must be worn by all persons using any watercraft.
9. Emergency procedures shall be posted for emergencies including: fire, water-related accidents, and medical emergencies.
10. The Group Representative should instruct the group in proper use of fire-fighting equipment.
11. Adequate firefighting equipment shall be located in strategic positions near doorways and be inspected regularly. Provincial fire regulations shall be posted and complied with.
12. Swimming and boating areas shall be free from unnecessary hazards.
13. If swimming out of approved area for the purpose of distance swimming, each swimmer shall be accompanied by a boat carrying approved lifesaving equipment and manned by two responsible persons capable of using such equipment.
14. No life guard shall be on duty for more than three (3) consecutive hours. Lifeguards shall be free from all other duties during the recreation swim periods.
15. All poisonous materials, gasoline, lethal weapons, power tools, ammunition, machinery, medical supplies, and any other potentially dangerous articles shall be properly marked and kept in a safe, locked place.
16. All riflery and archery equipment shall be kept under lock and key when not in use as required under the Standard of the Alberta Camping Association. It is recommended that all sharp or dangerous equipment be locked when not in use (for example darts and lawn darts).
17. Fire extinguishers in the cabins shall be used only for fighting fires.
18. No open flames (candles) shall be used in the cabins.
19. Stoves in cabins shall be operated with adult supervision.
20. Campfires are permitted only in the fire pit at the lake.
21. A full bucket of water must be available at all times for extinguishment.
22. Campfires shall not be left unattended and/or unguarded.
23. Fireworks and/or firecrackers are strictly prohibited by law on our property.
By typing my name and date of reservation request below, I hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the above Safety Regulations. Furthermore, I commit myself and my group attendees to the adherence of all the above listed Safety Regulations, during the entirety of the requested retreat.
Please read and acknowledge all Other Retreat Rules prior to the continuation of this form.
1. Persons under 18 years of age must remain with an adult at all times, unless given specific permission by an adult to be somewhere else.
2. No persons shall enter areas marked “out-of-bounds.”
3. Live standing trees are not to be cut down, nor bark or limbs taken from them. Wild flowers shall not be picked. Native plants shall be left undisturbed as much as possible.
4. Fire-fighting equipment shall not be used for fun and games.
5. The use of tobacco, alcohol, or drugs will not be associated with the intent of the camp.
6. Camp property is not to be defaced or damaged. Clean up is required during and after each camp and/or retreat.
7. All vehicles must be left on the parking lot unless specified by the Camp Director or onsite supervisor.
8. Camp property is restricted to authorized personnel only.
9. Cabins shall be cleaned up at the end of each camp or retreat and left at least as clean and tidy as at the beginning of the camp or retreat.
10. All camp accidents or emergencies shall be reported to the Camp Director or onsite supervisor and the WPBCA Board President within 24 hours of the accident.
11. Any and all damage to camp property shall be reported to the Camp Director and the Camp Board President within 24 hours of the incident.
12. No individual or group shall enter the camp grounds without the permission of the Camp Director.
13. There shall be no kitchen use without at least one (1) certified food handler holding a valid Provincial or National Food Safety Certificate present in the kitchen at all times.
14. All persons attending a camp or retreat must adhere to all posted regulations including, but not limited to kitchen care and food safety, maintenance and custodial protocols, tool and machinery usage, waterfront and recreation regulations, etc.
By typing my name and date of reservation request below, I hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the above Other Rules. Furthermore, I commit myself and my group attendees to the adherence of all the above listed Other Rules, during the entirety of the requested retreat.
RETREAT RESERVATION DEPOSIT & FINAL PAYMENT
2019 Fee schedule:
$500 damage deposit per booking (due 30 days prior to arrival)$997.50/day rental ($250/day due payable at time of booking- remaining $747.50/day due 30 days before arrival)
All groups are required to submit a $250/day non-refundable, non-transferable deposit* at the time of booking.
Remaining balance plus Damage Deposit** should be submitted 30 days prior to the Retreat Arrival Date.
*In the unlikely event that Whispering Pines Camp is closed before the retreat start (for any safety or unforeseen reason), the pre-paid deposit may be refunded. In all other cases the pre-paid deposit at time of booking is non-refundable or transferable.
**A Damage Deposit of $500.00 will be required at the time of balance payment. It will be used for repair, cleanup, and trash removal in the event the renter does not follow clean up policy. Should any significant loss or damage occur at the camp above the value of the stated Damage Deposit amount, the Damage Deposit as well as the difference in the total cost of loss or damage will be charged to the renter.
Note: the Director or onsite supervisor may refund a portion or all of the Damage Deposit if the camp is left in a good state at checkout (see Camp Clean-Up & Trash Disposal Policy below).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Secure payment is preferred via etransfer to email@example.com. Once payment is made, please complete the form on our Payments & Donations page to ensure you get your receipt!
Alternately, a cheque or money order may be made payable to Whispering Pines Bible Camp. Please remember to write the group and retreat names in the notes field on all payments.
By typing my name and date of reservation request below, I hereby acknowledge that I will provide a non-refundable Booking Deposit at the time of booking the retreat. The Remaining Retreat Funds (as described above) will be submitted 30 days prior to the Retreat Arrival Date. Furthermore, I hereby acknowledge that neglecting to provide the Booking Deposit or Remaining Retreat Funds on time could result in the cancellation of the requested retreat.
In the case of severe weather or local emergency, Government intervention or Public Health concern, Whispering Pines Bible Camp reserves the right to cancel any and all retreats. In this type of situation, all funds including the Non-refundable deposit and Damage Deposit will be refunded. Alternately, a group may choose to postpone the Requested Retreat to a time when the area is deemed 'safe' by local authorities.
Retreats may be cancelled by the Group Representative 30 days prior to the Retreat Arrival Date with a loss of the non-refundable booking fee. Any other prepaid fees will be fully refunded.
By typing my name and date of reservation request below, I hereby acknowledge the complete Cancellation Policy listed and that cancellation WITHIN 30 days of the Retreat Arrival Date will result in loss of the non-refundable deposit and 50% of retreat rental fee for renters booking. Furthermore, cancellation WITHIN 7 days of Retreat Arrival Date will result in loss of the complete rental rate.
Note: damage/departure deposit will be refunded in full and returned by mail.
CAMP CLEAN-UP & TRASH DISPOSAL POLICY (Damage / Departure Deposit)
Upon arrival, the Camp Director or other camp staff member will explain all Camp Clean-Up procedures. Cleaning supplies will be provided for your convenience. After the conclusion of the Requested Retreat, the Camp Director or other camp staff member will perform a 'walk around' with the Group Representative to ensure ALL areas of Camp Clean-Up have been completed, as initially instructed. Failure to adhere to the Camp Clean-Up guidelines will result in a $250 Camp Clean-Up Fee.
Due to being an 'off the grid' wilderness site, Whispering Pines Bible Camp does not have an on-site trash facility. On Saturdays, between 10:00 AM and 6:00 PM, trash and recycling materials may be taken to the Big Horn Refuse Station (20 minutes drive). Alternately, ALL trash and recycling materials MUST be taken away from camp at the conclusion of the Requested Retreat. Failure to do so will result in a $150 Trash Disposal Fee.
By typing my name and date of reservation request below, I hereby acknowledge and commit to the adherence of the Camp Clean-Up & Trash Disposal Policy as explained above. Furthermore, in the event that myself or the represented group fails to comply with this policy, I commit to pay the full amount of the $250 Camp Clean-Up Fee and/or $150 Trash Disposal Fee, as deemed necessary by the Camp Director or onsite supervisor.
CAMP DAMAGES POLICY (Damage / Departure Deposit)
All damages to Whispering Pines Bible Camp, it's buildings, structures and equipment must be reported to the Camp Director immediately. After the conclusion of the Requested Retreat, Whispering Pines Bible Camp will assess the damages and repair costs. Following this assessment, an invoice will be sent to the Group Representative with a 30 day payment requirement if the damage is in excess of the damage/departure deposit.
By typing my name and date of reservation request below, I hereby acknowledge and commit to the adherence of the Camp Damages Policy as explained above. Furthermore, in the event that myself or the represented group intentionally or accidentally cause damages to Whispering Pines Bible Camp, it's buildings, structures or equipment; I commit to pay the full assessed amount that exceeds the damage/departure deposit as deemed necessary by the Camp Director, within 30 days of the submitted invoice date.
In consideration for use of Whispering Pines Bible Camp facility, the Group Representative hereby agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Whispering Pines Bible Camp, the Camp Director, the Camp Board, Camp Staff and other Camp Represpresentatives, from and against any and all liability, loss, damage, injury or death arising from or connected with the Requested Retreat's activities while using Whispering Pines Bible Camp facilities, whether same is caused by or arises from the negligence of the Group Representative, the represented group, its participants, members and/or guests or by failure to perform any term of agreement. The Whispering Pines Bible Camp Director has the authority to ask individuals and/or the total group to leave the facility if and when they will not cooperate with the policies of Whispering Pines Bible Camp. The Whispering Pines Bible Camp Director will consult with the Group Representative before extreme action is taken.
By typing my name and date of reservation request below, I hereby certify that I have been authorized to act for and to excute this agreement on behalf of the represented group. I certify that I have read and agree to abide by ALL guidelines and policies outlined within this form. I certify that I will defend Whispering Pines Bible Camp, indemnify it and hold it harmless from any and all claims associated with the Requested Retreat and use of Whispering Pines Bible Camp facility.
FINAL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF REQUEST
This Final Acknowledgement must be signed by the Group Representative, who must be a person 18 years of age or older. Furthermore, the Group Representative must be authorized by the group to speak and act on the behalf of the group. The Group Representative is responsible for any and all damage or misuse of the facility throughout the duration of the Requested Retreat. During the entirety of the Requested Retreat, the Group Representative will hold primary responsibility that all rules and regulations are adhered to by all persons, whether adult, youth or child.
By typing my name and date of reservation request below, I hereby commit myself and all persons attending the Requested Retreat to the adherence of the above Final Acknowledgement and all rules and regulations found within this form. Furthermore, I hereby acknowledge that all information found in this form, to be accurate and should be considered as an official Retreat Reservation Request.
Please complete your registration by making the first required deposit via etransfer or by cheque.
Success! Your Retreat Reservation Request has been submitted.
Please note that submission of this form does not guarantee your retreat reservation. Once the form has been receieved, our Camp Director will contact you and send you a formal confirmation.